Monday, May 21, 2012

Zwei Tauftermine!

Time just flies by when you are having fun! And what is more fun than announcing a SECOND BAPTISMAL DATE! Can I get a woot woot! It is the investigator that I have developed the closest relationship with, her name is Elina and she is getting baptized June 1st :)!! This week has been too good to me. Once again I have had the blessings of seeing so many miracles. We have given out Books of Mormon in Persian, Arabic, Albanian, Russian, Vietnamese, Bangladesh, English, and of course German! The joys of being in Dresden :). This city takes more and more of my heart every week. I just dont know what I will do when I have to leave, yikes I dont even want to think of that! I don't have much time to write today, so I will just do some highlights and less detail this week.
Last P-Day was a blast! Me, my companion, and 4 elders in our district took a little train ride to a mountain town called Bostei. It is absolutely gorgeous! We did a big hike that was seriously incredible. This country has so many beautiful places. I will be sure to include some pics!
Tuesday we were finally able to track down a family that we have been looking for. One of this sisters that use to serve here told us about them and how they had to move to Russia for a few months but they should be back by now. We have gone over to their house about 7 or 8 times prior and never had any luck. However, we finally found them! They seem awesome! I am excited to teach a family, this will be my first one. Our first appointment with them is tonight :).
Wednesday- My companion was sick again. So it gave me some extra study hours. We have a motto in this mission, "Start right, work hard, and finish strong!" I started thinking of how this applies to me and my life. Life is like a story, there is a beginning, a middle, and an end. But further more we can break every year, month, week, day, and hour into this concept as well. For me obviously my biggest thought right now is my mission. In the big scheme of things I am in the "start right" phase, but I have just completed my first month, I am at the beginning of a new week, and I am in' the middle of my day, and that at  this moment. It really made me think carefully about every hour I have on my mission. What am I doing with them. This applies to all of our lives though. What are we doing with each hour, each day, month, ect. Are you starting right, working  hard, and finishing strong? I know cheesy missionary here, I will be done now :).
Thursday- Institute! Love love love, teaching the Book of Mormon class. We had a guy name Fransicus come this week too. He was a name on the old contact list that I had a feeling to call. We told him about instiute but didn't think he would come. He came bringing his Book of Mormon that the sisters gave him.....get this, 2 years ago. He was awesome! We met with him and gave him a lesson after institute too. He is coming again this week.
Friday. Was. Amazing. We met another family, die familie Mramori. They are originally from Albania, but have been living in Germany for 20 years. They have 4 kids from the ages of  8 to 17. We got to meet with them yesterday and they are so nice. We have another appointment with them next Sunday as well.  We also got to meet with Jamshid. Jamshid is about 40. He is from Iran and we knocked on his door 30 min after he had moved into his apartment. Coincidence? Nope, they don't exist! He is muslim, but doesnt believe it. We have already taught him twice. His english isn't very good so it can be challenging, but the spirit is so insanely strong everytime we have met. Then there is Wolfgang. Sadly, that is a common name in Germany. He is also a name we found on the old contact list. He is a student as are most of the people we meet. He was raised catholic but feels something is missing. (its called the book of mormon! haha) Anyway, he is pretty great and we have another appointment with him tomorrow!
Saturday, my companion was sick again. However, I was able to have a lesson with Elina over the phone and she agreed to be baptized! I have talked about Elina in my last few emails I think. She is amazing. She has been taught by many diferent missionaries, but hasnt committed becuase of her family. I met Elina my second day here in Germany, and we have met about 3 times a week since. She says I am her best friend here in Germany, and I am willing to say the same about her. I am so happy for her decision to be baptized and I couldnt be happier that she will be my very first baptism that I have :).
Well I could go on for hours more about so many more people, but there just isnt time! I have been getting a lot of random questions so I will answer them now. Yes I am still strongly detesting the food here sadly ha. I never thought I would say this, but I actual miss the MTC food. Yep, thats how bad it is. MY thumb that I fractured in the MTC is still messed up and looking quite deformed, but what do you do haha. The weather is seriously crazy! It is 90° one minute and freezing the next. Makes knowing what to wear each day quite a difficult task! My companion.....is challenging haha. We get along great, but we have a very different work ethic. Oh companions :) haha. My district is awesome! I have great elders that I get to work with here in Dresden! My German is still pretty bad, but 80% of our investigators right now speak english so it makes it kind of impossible for me to learn.
Well I cant believe I have already been here a month. To see people light up, change, gain hope, and get so happy just by sharing your message of the gospel is amazing. Miracles happen right in front of my eyes so often here. Missions are hard, you spend 16 long hours each day working as hard as you can; but they are rewarding beyond belief. I feel like I am in a dream still. Am I really in Germany? Do I really spend every minute talking about God and Jesus Christ? Do I really get to see miracles every day? Do I really get to know happiness on a new level over here? The anser to all of those is YES! And I know I will be eternally grateful for it.
Sister Linford

My address for the next little while:
Kirche Jesu Christi
Sister jessica Linford
Wiesen Strasse 8
01277 Dresden
Germany

Mission office:
Germany Berlin Mission
Sister Jessica Linford
Zerbster Strasse 42
12209 Berlin
Germany

No comments:

Post a Comment