Monday, July 15, 2013

Mozart

      Hey y'all! This week started with a Castle trip and ended with a baptism......so yeah, its safe to say it was a good one! Last monday, we went to the Belvedere, which is a beautiful castle. You would think with me having been out for as long as I have, I wouldnt need to pinch myself anymore.....but, that is just not the case! I have to ask myself all the time if I really am in Austria. And the answer is YES :). I am a lucky one!
      This week I was a little bit of everywhere. I spent 3 days on an exchange in a city called Graz. It is the second largest city in Austria. It was fun to see another city in this mission. I haven't gotten to do an exchange where I went to another city since last December when I went to Hamburg. I was really excited, but also really not looking forward to leaving Vienna. As my time is now under 2 weeks, every second here means so much to me. However, I was able to push that aside and have a fantastic time in Graz with Sister Ackerman. As always with exchanges....you have some good laughs, lots of chats, super awesome lessons, and.....ice cream! haha its just a must. I had a great time in Graz, but the 2.5hour train ride home could not go faster! I was sooooo excited to get back to Vienna! I just love it here a little too much.
      This week was also Zone Training, where all the missionaries in the east half of Austria came together. It as always was really good, until the sneak attacked happened......those little weasels! I was just sitting enjoying the meeting and just as I thought the closing song was about to start.....nope....."We have some missionaries ending soon, we would like them to come up and give their last hoorah!" That just ain't cool. Why do you gotta take a perfectly enjoyable afternoon and spoil it with something like that?! But that was just the start......I got up, said my thoughts, and sat back down. It didn't really hit me. Despite getting questioned by just about everyone I know in Vienna how I feel about going home, it still hadn't hit yet. But that was soon to change.....
        A few weeks ago the big broadcast came out from the church talking about missionary work. Our stake planned a day just last week that we would all come together and watch it. Well shoot........the broadcast was awesome, but, SO HARD! I felt my heart was being ripped out the entire time. It was the weirdest thing! As I watched, it finally hit me. It was physically painful to finally understand what was coming. The joy that these people have in the broadcast, is my every day life. It is something that has become who I am. It seems to be now all that I know. Every person that I have met and now love crossed my mind. These people are family to me. They have seen me grow and because of them, I am forever changed. Its hard to know that will end soon.....
      Speaking of these people, they are doing so so well! Bella's baptism is this Sunday and I couldn't be more excited. I even get to give a talk at it :). Everyone else, seriously is just doing great!
      When I came to Vienna, I made goals. When I had only a month left of my mission, I made more goals. And it has been my entire focus to reach these goals. I want to leave this program bursting with prepared investigators ready for baptism. I still remember coming to Vienna, not even having a map. We started from absolutely nothing and I have never enjoyed and felt so invested in an area before. It has been unreal to see so many miracles unfold on a daily basis. Of course I can't forget the members! They are just too freaking good to me. Listen to all the things they did for me this week........played volleyball, took us out to the country side and we had a picnic and picked cherries :), took us out to a Chinese restaurant (rare occasion on a mission!), gave us multiple rides (even more rare! In fact, first time my entire mission and it happened like 5 different times!), fed us....LOTS, and last but not least.....TOOK US TO AN OPERA! Yeah, the Huy's took us to the Mozart Opera right in the heart of the city!! say whaaaat?! It was so freaking cool!
      Spiritual thought: "Remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall.” Heleman 5:12
      I testify of Him, that He has overcome the world, that He will never forget or abandon us, for He has graven us upon the palms of His hands. I testify that those who keep His commandments will grow in faith and hope. They will be given strength to overcome all of life’s trials. They will eperience peace that passes all understanding.
      I wish you all the best this week! KEEP THE FAITH!!!
Sister Linford

No comments:

Post a Comment