Monday, March 26, 2012

Week 2 at MTC

Guten Tag!! Well first off I must apologize for the awful grammar and capitalization on my last letter. Not only was the shift bar broken on my last computer but this whole time crunch makes it impossible for me to be able to proofread! So I also apologize for all future problems as well :).
Here I am a little German in the making! This week was also....crazy! That is the major theme to the MTC I think haha.
Monday we has to say goodbye to our "older sisters" which are the girls that are going to Germany but leave before we do, aka the zone before us.We were all way sad to see them go because they were so good to us. We decided to stay up that night and help them pack up and just have fun with them, yep...I'm a rebel. Not only that but they surprised us by glow sticking the room.....SO COOL. It's a German tradition I guess. Yes that is also breaking the rules.....sorry! After getting to bed way late we woke up at 3:30am on Tuesday to help them get all their luggage to the travel office. They were way surprised and all started crying haha. Out of the 4, I will have the joy of serving with 2 of the older sisters. I cant wait to see them again in less than a month!
Tuesday- We had our 3rd lesson with Benny. Wow, this was such a neat experience!! I even sang......all of you who know me, know how big of a deal this is. Not only that I had to sing half of the song by MYSELF! Ah, I lived through it and so did our investigator thank goodness!! I was able to speak German like never before. The spirit was seriously so strong. It was my first really powerful missionary experience...and one I know I will remember forever. To top it off we got him to pray finally! The elders who are all nearly fluent weren't able to get him to but the awful German speaking sisters did! So awesome. We also got to switch rooms on Tuesday, yay!! No more snoring monster! We went in the room that our older sisters left. I am now with two of the other sisters in my branch. We are super close and the 4 of us are always together so it worked out perfectly! The night ended with a fireside from none other than Dallin H. Oaks. He talked about letting the spirit guide you. That is the best thing about the MTC, pretty amazing people come and often :).
Wed.- I have nothing written down for some reason haha. I am sure it was good though haha.
Thursday- This day was not the greatest. While at gym and playing volleyball.....I fractured my thumb. Yep, who does that?! Within 4 minutes I was in an 18 passenger  van getting taking to Urgent Care haha. I must admit it was quite refreshing being in"the real world" seeing people without name tags. Not everyone grinning. Ya know, real people things haha. Because of the mass amount of time spent in the doctors, we were left with zero time for us to prepare for our 4th lesson with Benny. It didn't go bad but it wasn't great. It seemed to be almost pointless and no progress was made.
Friday- Well on our 5th lesson with Benny we found out he wasn't a real investigator. Now we knew this, because who honestly lives in Provo and speaks no English that is investigating the church that they would trust with some fresh missionaries.....exactly no one. But there is a twist.....He is our second teacher!! We have been waiting for our 2csd  teacher to come in and it is him! So crazy! The first thing I said, "I just got punk'd." Oh the MTC!
Sat- We got our new investigator! His name is Aundreus. He is Russian, and very difficult. Our lesson was frustrating. And my comp is frustrating. That is part of the MTC I have learned. The goods are really good, and the frustrating parts are really frustrating. But there is a purpose for all things and it keeps us humble here. If everything went peachy than they wouldn't be properly preparing us for the field.
Sun- oh the glory of Sundays here! The day you get to relax and just listen instead of talk! My comp just left me in the cafeteria this day though. It was pretty funny/scary/weirdest thing ever. I freaked. I didn't know what to do. After looking for her frantically for 10 minutes, I made a run for it to the classroom. There she was all worried. Yeah I never thought the day that I would be dogging anywhere that look over 23 would be because I didn't have my companion on my way to my class! haha. We also had to prepare a talk in sacramenting on the Faith in Jesus Christ.....in German!! Teaching a lesson is one thing, a talk is a whole other! He randomly selects a few missionaries each week so you have to come prepared. I didn't get called this week, but its coming! We ended the night with the Joesph Smith movie. It was such a treat! haha. I loved it though!
Well Lauren Spencer leaves tomorrow. I am not stoked for that at all! Seeing her keeps me sane! I know she is so ready though and is going to do an amazing job! Quick shout out to Lexi Damron....sorry I haven't been able to write you but I will look for you on Wednesday! Get ready for the adventure of your li9fe home girl! Cant wait to see you!! Well April 24th is the magic day I leave here. This fast track program is no joke! But life is good. I cant thank all you enough for your love and support! If you haven't written me yet than get on that!! Use dear elder, mailbox #156. Love you!!!
sister linford!

No comments:

Post a Comment