Monday, April 29, 2013

Crazy Week!

      Hallo! Just when I thought everything was getting a little more routine......BAM a crazzzyyyyy week hit! As I stated last week, transfer calls were on Saturday, however things involving transfers got crazy with out a call.......Lets just dive into it.
      So....my companion has been REALLY struggling. It was apparent from the first day I was with her. But, I have had a lot of companions that have struggled and so I just didn't think anything abnormal about it. Things for her emotionally just progressively became worse. It reached a point where she got emergency transferred so she could receive some professional help. Emergency transfers are rare and avoided at all costs. It was a stressful and exhausting week to have all of this happen. I am not going to lie, its been a tad difficult. After all, this is my first transfer in this mission and to already have this happen is......frustrating and exhausting. I don't blame my companion, she is trying her absolute best, but there are some things that she just needs help with. It has just left me a little beaten down. Nothing I can't get out of though.
      I am currently serving with two companions. They are the other two girls I live with. Sister Drury and Sister Woods are the greatest! I dont know what I would have done this transfer if it weren't for them! They have been so supportive and helpful throughout us trying to help my companion. Plus we have A LOT of fun together......that is a big necessity to fight off the stress. They are the english sisters and returning to english lessons has been another tender mercy from the Lord. It just is.....sooooo much easier and fulfilling to be able to communicate all that is in your heart.
      But, enough with that.....lets go through some things in my week! I got to do a 3 day exchange with Sister Drury this week. Seriously, this girl and me will be good friends for a long time. She is one that I know will play a big role in my life for some reason. She already has through the craziness of the last 4 weeks here in Vienna and I know it will continue after the mission.
      On our tausch I got to see Ana again! Ana was a girl that I was able to find and teach a few lessons to when I first got to Vienna. I wrote about her a few emails ago. I sadly had to pass her off to the english sisters though. However, my exchange with Drury allowed me to see her and.......drum roll......teach her the Law of Chastity! Its a personal fav. She hugged me so hard when I saw her my eyeballs almost popped out. She is incredible and is getting baptized in a month!! WOOT WOOT! So glad that I got to be apart of her journey. We also got some amazing Indian and Filipino food......man alive I love international wards!
      Another miracle that happened comes in the form of Saba. Saba is from Iran and is 24 years old. She is here waiting for her visa to come in from the US so she can study in California. I teach her english, but this past week I very slyly started teaching with gospel principles. She ate it up. On Tuesday and Thursday we covered everything from prayer, temples, and plan of salvation! She is incredible!! She also came to an institute activity and to volleyball (more on that later!). She just keeps saying every time we meet that it is the best day of her life. She says that I am light and that everything I say is like a light......I tried to explain that light is the spirit :).
      Saturday brought Volleyball! I LOVE my new ward if for this reason alone! They play volleyball every Saturday morning through the summer.......HEAVEN. I have waited too long for this. It was a blast! They want us to bring investigators too, so Saba came along.....it was perfect and the ward did awesome with her!
      A few big things happened while I was on exchanges........
      First, I got a dreaded phone call from the office......they told me they purchased my plane ticket home!! AHHHH!!!!!!! It was awful. JULY 26th! Going home is that thing that I know is coming up but I don't like to think about it. But when the office calls and says that....it makes it all too real. Then, I saw both my parents cars that same day......i have never seen either of their cars my ENTIRE mission.....and both in the same day.....within 5 minutes of eachother........10 minutes after the call.........RUDE.
      Next........the decision. THE decision that has frankly been eating me up like no other. That is as to what University I will attend next fall. I did not with everything in me want to go to the Y. I wanted to return to my beloved U and continue in the path that was great before I left. But.....and this is a big but.....Heavenly Father saw something else for and has been trying to get that through my thick head for probably too long. Well the message came loud and clear during a talk with Sister Drury......yes......i......will.......be.........going.....to......the........(can i do it??).......Y!! AHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I typed it. Its out. I want to die, but I know its right. The peace that accompanied the decision was undeniable. Logically it makes no sense to go there.....It puts me so behind, but.....its right and I know the Lord will take care of everything else. Am I scared to pursue a different major? yes. Am I scared to leave my friends? Undoubtedly. Am I scared of Provo? Sheer TERROR. But peace is there somehow. God always takes care of me when I trust him......so here I go!!!
      Also my new companion comes Thursday! Her name is Sister Lin. Yep sister lin and sister linford.........sick joke. She comes right from Taiwan! She has been out on her mission for a while, so we are ready to tear up the city without any hold ups. I am excited!
      Spiritual Thought: For this week, I just want to leave a scripture that has brought me a lot of peace this last week. It is found in Romans chapter 4, 20 He staggered not at the promise of God through unbelief; but was strong in faith, giving glory to God;21 And being fully persuaded that, what he had promised, he was able also to perform.
      I love you all and wish you the best!! More to come next week!! KEEP THE FAITH!!!!!!!!!!! Sister Linford

Kirche Jesu Christi
Sister Jessica Linford
Hormayr Gasse 59/Top/9
Wien 9 A-1770
Austria

No comments:

Post a Comment