Monday, May 6, 2013

Eggs!

Hey Heyyyy!
      Well this week started out with 2 companions and ended with a brand new Asian companion! Can't get much crazier than that right? ;). This week has been nothing short of a blast! I LOVE the other sisters that I live with and being able to serve with them for a week was sheer fun! I will not waste anymore time, lets get into it!
      Last monday was a great P day. With all 3 of us being athletic, we rallied up the elders and played basketball, soccer, and volleyball all in one day! Whooo, it was a blast!
      With me serving with two english speaking sisters, it allowed me to see a lot of people that I have found and taught but had to pass over to the english program because they spoke better english than german. So I got to see Ana again! I have written a lot about Ana but she is so awesome! And because of exchanges and everything I have gotten to be present on 5 of the 6 times they have met with Ana. Ana was someone we found my second day here. She has made so much progress and this week we got to teach her all about the word of wisdom as she continues to prepare for her baptism in a few weeks! I love getting to see Ana!
      Saba also continues to progress! She is from Iran but was never Muslim. She is here in Austria only for a few more months and then she will move to California to go to school. She has already made me promise that when she comes to Utah that we can go to Temple Square......hurt me ;).
      Something amazing happened this week with one of our German investigators. Her name is Oyuka. We have been meeting with her for just a few weeks now. She is 20 years old and comes from Mongolia. Well we had a stellar lesson this week, and she agreed to be baptized!!!! July 6th is the day! Just 3 weeks before I come home and I couldn't be happier :). She has had nearly all the lessons and comes to church every week! She is so awesome and I have loved watching her change right in front of me. She has changed in every way. At first she came to church, in really well the only word that I can really say is, skanky clothing.....and now she is wearing the cutest modest dresses. Ah the gospel really does CHANGE people.
      Our work with less actives continues to be awesome! They are all doing SO well. We have seen sooo many miracles with them. Lida, has really struggled in the past with commandments, but she promised us that she would give us the month of may where she would live every single one of them, come to church every week, and meet with us twice a week.....so far so good! I promised her that she would feel happier and more peaceful about her life.....she said she would take my challange and give me 30days haha.
      I am really starting to make awesome connections with the members here too! They are incredible! One is Miga. She is 24 and from Mongolia. She is my closest member friend here :)....I always gotta have one! She hangs out with me every Pday and is the best joint teach ever! She has been battling with the decision to go on a mission and she has a very similar story to mine....we talk about it every day haha. After much debate, she finally started her mission papers yesterday :))))))!!! I was soooo stoked for her! I hope she gets called to salt lake so i can see more of her haha.
      This week has been fun with lots of sports, cutting my roommates hair, waffle nights at the institute, and some awesome eating appointments! Every day I love the sisters I live with more and more. SIster Drury and Woods are the biggest blessings!
      A little more about my new comp: Her name is sister lin. She comes from Taiwan.  She speaks a little english and a little german......which makes communication a little challenging. She LOVES dogs and she loves to chase them. Yes, she chases them. She loves eggs. I made her this pesto pasta dish with veggies and sure enough she put some eggs on it haha. Eggs go on everything. She is not what I pictured at all. I was expecting this tiny 5 foot tall companion. Nope, she is more sumo wrestler type and could break me with her pinky. She is super nice and loves to smile at everyone. She has been such a help to the work here already. I am excited to get more time with her!
      Spiritual Thought: Well I am stealing this quote from my sister, but its just too good not to. This is from Gordon B. Hinkley, "It isn't as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out. Don't worry. I say that to myself every morning. It all works out in the end. Put your trust in God, and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us. He will not forsake us. If we will put our trust in Him, if we will pray to Him, if we will live worthy of His blessings, He will hear our prayers.”
      Thanks for all the love and support! I miss you all! This week is exciting we have a general authority coming to our mission, we are going to have 6 investigators at church, and we are COMPLETELY BOOKED OUT!!! Yes, you read that right....we have only been here for 4 weeks, but we don't even have a minute to spare this week, just straight appointments. Can I get a boo yeah grandma for miracles?!?!?! KEEP THE FAITH!
Sister Linford

Kirche Jesu Christi
Sister Jessica Linford
Hormayr Gasse 59/Top/9
Wien 9 A-1770
Austria

No comments:

Post a Comment